Upcoming smartphones of 2018: Predicted release dates
- Nokia 9: February 2018
- Sony Xperia X2, XZ Premium 2: February 2018
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+: February 2018
- LG G7: April 2018
- Huawei P11: April 2018
- HTC U12: June 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: August 2018
- iPhone 9 / 11 / XI: September 2018
Nokia 9: February 2018
There’s very little known about the Nokia 9, but we’d expect a flagship device to come from the Finnish company, topping the Nokia 6. If the rumours are true, expect a full metal unibody design, a blisteringly fast Snapdragon 835 processor, a QHD display, 13-megapixel dual-lens cameras, and of course, the latest iteration of Android Nougat.
Initially, it was anticipated to launch in summer 2017 and then late-2017, but now it is looking incredibly likely for an MWC 2018 launch.
Sony Xperia XZ2, XZ Premium 2: February 2018
Sony recently announced the XA2 and XA2 Ultra at CES 2018, in Las Vegas. We’ve recently received an invitation to attend Sony’s press conference at MWC 2018, which takes place in Barcelona. With that, we’d presume the company is about to launch more phones.
Rumours suggest the XZ2 or XZ Premium will feature an ultra-fast Snapdragon 845 processor, two rear-facing cameras and a 5.48in Full HD 18:9 display with IP68 waterproofing.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+: February 2018
Initially, the S9 was rumoured to come out in Las Vegas during CES 2018, but that quickly became a thing of the past. It seems that Samsung might release its upcoming flagship phone at MWC 2018, or shortly after the event that takes place in February.
LG G7: April 2018
Many expected the LG G7 to come out alongside other phones at MWC 2018, in February. However, due to a recent rumour that surrounds the G7’s design, it seems that LG’s flagship phone will come out in April 2018.
Redmi Y1 (Dark Grey, 64GB)
- 13MP primary camera with 5 element lens, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF supported and 16MP front facing camera
- 13.97 centimeters (5.5-inch) capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and 267 ppi pixel density
- Android v7.1.2 Nougat operating system with 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa core processor, Adreno 505 GPU, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB and dual SIM (nano+nano) dual-standby (4G+3G)
- 3080mAH lithium-polymer battery
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase